Office Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm for lunch.
City hall may not be open everyday due to short staff.
City council meetings are usually held on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:00pm in city hall (104 S. Main Street).
To request to be on the City Council agenda, please complete the Agenda Request Form
and submit it to the City Secretary 4 days prior to the Friday, before the City Council Meeting. The request will be sent to the Mayor for approval to be placed on the agenda for consideration.
Al Clawson Disposal provides garbage pick-up for the residents on Tuesday mornings. By contract, they are only required to empty the blue canister provided to you. If you have extra garbage, there are options available to you!
1. The city has a dumpster located at the water tower yard on Water Works Road that can be utilized during the work week. You must contact the Maintenance Department at (512) 269-7335 to arrange a time. Items not allowed in the dumpster: brush or limbs, paint, chemicals, batteries, appliances containing freon, television sets, tires.
2. You can purchase extra garbage tags at city hall. This is good for larger items such as furniture. After purchasing tags, set the items out on regular garbage days with the tags attached. Please see fee chart for tag pricing.
3. If you consistently have extra garbage, you may want to consider a second canister at an additional $16.66 monthly fee. Contact city hall at (512) 898-5306 to discuss adding another canister.
The city no longer picks up limbs and brush. This was a service that was provided when the city had access to a chipper. The city recommends breaking apart smaller limbs and putting them in your garbage canister. You can haul larger limbs to the city wastewater pond during work hours. Please contact the Maintenance Department at (512) 269-7335 to arrange a time.
I would like to move a manufactured/mobile home to Thrall. What do I need to know?
If you are interested in moving a home into Thrall, the following steps must be observed:
1. The home must follow all requirements and specifications outlined in the city's Mobile Home Ordinance
3. Manufactured Homes require approval from the City Council before placement. To be placed on the council agenda, please complete the Agenda Request Form
and submit to the City Secretary 4 days prior to the Friday before the City Council Meeting. You will need to provide the following information to the City Council: specification information on the exact home you plan to move into the city with the engineering stamp indicating that it meets at least the 2009 International Building Code standards, a diagram of how the home will fit onto the property with regard to setback lines, any other pertinent information.
4. Once approved, proper building permits and inspections of any building or enclosure must be purchased before moving the home into the city. Please contact the City Secretary regarding building permit fees and inspection fees.
5. All water/sewer deposit and fees must be paid before moving the home into the city.
Please visit the Documents page
first to see if the ordinance you're looking for is available online. If you have questions about a city ordinance or would like to know if the city has a specific kind of ordinance, please contact the City Secretary at (512) 898-5306.